Sectional garage doors are significantly different to other types of garage door. They offer a unique operating mechanism and a very different kind of design, making them stand out from the crowd. If you want a garage door that’s going to still be modern in many years time, and that will deliver a whole host of other benefits too, then a sectional garage door could be the ideal option for you.
What is it about these types of door that makes them so different? They’re very good value for money and work efficiently and effectively, as well as looking good on any type of building. They deliver in all areas, from aesthetics right through to the important aspect of security – a new garage door will tend to deter break ins anyway, and even more so when the door is high security and has no easy point of access. A sectional door will give you the safety features you need to give you peace of mind in your own home.
The features that make sectional garage doors different
These are some of the features that make sectional garage doors stand out, and which makes them different from the other options available:
- Additional width. A sectional door is fitted differently to an up and over door, allowing more width and easier passage for cars and large objects. This can make a big difference if you park a vehicle inside your garage.
- Vertical opening mechanism. It’s easier to make the most of all the space inside and outside of your garage due to the vertical opening nature of a sectional door. This means you don’t need any space in front of your garage, as you would with an up and over garage door or a canopy door. It’s better for saving space on your driveway.
- Easier maintenance. It’s easier to replace individual parts on a sectional garage door. If you’ve sustained damage in one area, you can simply opt to have the panel replaced – this wouldn’t be an option with a roller shutter garage door where the door is made up of one single sheet of material. In general, your sectional door shouldn’t need a great deal of maintenance, though you may want to have it inspected every once in a while to make sure it’s working properly. This is especially true of the electric systems involved in opening the garage door.
- Well sealed. A sectional door is sealed all the way around – the seals are flexible and weather resistant, so they’ll work well in wind and rain. The garage door will be better insulated as a result. On certain door models, the bottom seal can also accommodate slight irregularities.
- Easily fitted into various garage door openings. It’s not important what the size of shape of the opening is. You’ll usually be able to have a sectional garage door fitted even if you don’t have one already, and you have a roller shutter or an up and over door instead.
A sectional door is a great decision for many reasons. Once you’ve had one fitted, you won’t look back.